Monday, April 20, 2009

Mamma mia!

This is related to my stitching, believe it or not! You know, until last week I didn't know much about Mamma mia! Of course I knew ABBA and all those classic songs, and I've heard about the musical. But somehow I had totally missed the movie! And when about two weeks ago I finally found it at the store and bought it, I had to watch it at the same evening. And I was totally sold! (can you say like that in English? I don't know.. but anyway :) After that I have seen it about 4 and half times already, while stitching or ironing or just enjoying. But mostly when stitching. I don't know, why I like it so much? Is it the story? I don't think so.. Or the beautiful scene in Greece? Hmmm... Or the music? Maybe. Or maybe the faboulus team behind it? I think that's it! All those together and that's a great film. Have to see it again :) and again...

Somehow first round didn't do it. But after I watched all "Behind the scenes" and heard the stories how Pierce Brosnan and Colin Firth were trying to learn how to sing and dance.. and how they practiced so hard, cause none of them is a "real" singer. So I really give them credit for that! It sounds and looks so easy, even if it's not. And I liked Amanda Seyfried (never heard about her before), she looked so sweet.. Mamma mia! Here I go again...:)

****

Usko tai älä, mutta tämäkin postaus liittyy ristipistoihin! Jotenkin ihmeellisesti olen onnistunut elämään elämäni tietämättä mitään Mamma mia!:sta. Tokihan ABBA lauluineen on tuttu, samoin olin kuullut musikaalista. Mutta jostain syystä olen onnistunut missaamaan elokuvan ihan totaalisesti. Kun sitten pari viikkoa sitten sain DVD:n käsiini, ostin sen, ja katsoin samana iltana. Ja olin myyty! Sen jälkeen olen nähnyt elokuvan 4 ja puoli kertaa pistellessäni, silittäessäni, tai vain elokuvasta nauttien. Pääosin pistelen katsoessani. Vai katson pistellessäni?? En tiedä miksi pidän siitä niin paljon. Onko se tarina? En usko.. vai kauniit Kreikan saariston maisemat? Hmmm... Tai musiikki? Ehkäpä. Tai kenties upeat näyttelijät? Arvelen, että se se on! kaikki nämä yhdessä tekevät mahtavan elokuvan. se pitää nähdä aina uudestaan... ja uudestaan...

Ensimmäisellä kerralla se ei vielä iskenyt NIIN kovaa. Mutta sitten katsoin "behind the scenes", kuinka elokuva on tehty kohtaukset, ja olin vaikuttunut. Kuinka näyttelijät, jotka eivät ole ammattilaulajia, joutuivat opettelemaan laulamaan. Kömpelöt miehet joutuivat tanssimaan ja laulamaan yhtä aikaa.. Siitä heille kaikille pisteet! Ja Amanda Seyfried oli niin suloinen ja vakuuttava osassaan.. Mutta nyt, Mamma mia! Here I go again... :)

No comments: